I love my friends! My life wouldn't be the same (or as entertaining) without them! So why not use Valentine's Day as a chance to say just that?
This card I made today is PERFECT to give a friend! I used the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the stamp set Great Friend.
I made this card and photographed it. When I went to edit it I thought it needed something. I went back and added the little white hearts and when I looked at both photos I couldn't decide which one I liked better! That's why there are two photos of the same card. ;)
I wish you could see this card in real life. I couldn't get a photo to do it justice. I punched the hearts out of the card and backed them with different DSP. This doesn't really show up well in the photo. As an alternative you could also punch the hearts out of the DSP and then add them to the card. Directions for the bottom card and supplies are listed below!
White Card 5.25x5.25 inches
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Heart to Heart Paper Punch
Scallop Border Punch
Large Scallop Circle Punch
Sheer Pink Ribbon
Ink in Rose Red
Great Friend Stamp Set
Foam Adhesive Squares (FAS)
1. Trim 1 inch off of the front flap of your card. Set the trimmed piece to the side.
2. Use your Heart to Heart punch to punch hearts out of the front flap turning the punch as you go. (To see where you are punching simply turn the punch upside down as you punch.)
3. Take your Springtime Vintage DSP and cut it to fit the hearts you just punched out. Adhere the papers behind the punched hearts so that the desired pattern shows through.
4. Cut a piece of purple DSP to 3.75x2.25. Punch a hole in the top and trim the edges to look like a tag.
5. Punch a large scallop circle out of the Very Vanilla cardstock. Adhere the scallop circle to the bottom of the tag. Trim the excess to fit the tag.
6. Punch the bottom of the tag with the Scallop Border punch. Stamp your sentiment in Rose Red.
7. Cut a rose bouquet out of one of the pieces of DSP. Add it to the tag with FAS. Punch two hearts from the DSP with the Heart to Heart punch. Add them to the tag with FAS.
8. Trim a piece of brown DSP to 1x2.25 inches. Punch with the Scallop Border punch and add it to the bottom of the tag with FAS.
9. Tie your ribbon to the top of the tag. Adhere the tag to the front of the card with FAS.
10. Trim a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 1.5x5.25 inches. Punch the edge with the Scallop Border punch and adhere to the inside edge of the front flap.
11. Trim a piece of the green striped DSP to 1.5x5.25 and adhere to the right side of the back flap.
12. Take the piece of cardstock you trimmed off of the front of the card in the first step. Punch out 5 of the smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch. Add to the front of the card with FAS.
If you have any questions about this card please send me at email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don't forget Sale-A-Bration is going on RIGHT NOW!! Also, if you want to come to Stamper's Night Out you need to RSVP!!