When I first saw this color combo in the Color Coach I knew I had to use it! These colors together just seemed so happy! Haha! That may seem crazy, but if you love color like I do you totally get it! ;)
It took me a while to figure out a card that was right for it! Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, and Pumpkin Pie are very beautiful, but bright colors! I was flipping through an older issue of Paper Crafts magazine a few weeks ago and a card caught my eye. I thought it would be perfect for this color combo! Between now and then I have cleaned the scrap room several times and can't remember what issue the card was in! If I come across it I will gladly give credit to the artist that inspired this card!
4x5.5 inch white card
Silhouette Sentiments Stamp Set (Hostess Set)
Ink in Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock in Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Melon Mambo Ribbon
Small Oval Punch
Scallop Oval Punch
Scrap piece of cardstock
*It is very important to use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig on this card. I'm going to assume you are using this to line up your stamps so I am not going to include this in the directions.
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 5x3.5 inches.
2. You will be stamping your flowers at about .75 of an inch from the top of the cardstock. Start stamping on the left with the Melon Mambo ink.
3. Ink your stamp and stamp once on the cardstock. Stamp two more times without re-inking your stamp. (You may have to huff on the stamp to remoisten the ink.)
4. Next you will stamp with the Pumpkin Pie ink. Ink your stamp and stamp off twice on your scrap piece of paper and stamp the first Pumpkin Pie flower.
5. Ink your stamp again with Pumpkin Pie and stamp off once on your scrap piece of paper and stamp your second Pumpkin Pie flower.
6. Ink your stamp again with Pumpkin Pie and stamp the third flower without stamping off.
7. Last you will stamp with Pacific Point ink. Ink your stamp and stamp once on the cardstock. Stamp two more times without re-inking your stamp. (You may have to huff on the stamp to remoisten the ink.)
8. Cut a piece of Pacific Point cardstock to slightly smaller than your card front. Adhere to the front of the card.
8. Adhere your stamped piece on your Pacific Point cardstock.
9. Adhere your ribbon along the bottom of the stamped flowers.
10. Punch a scallop oval out of the Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Stamp your sentiment onto Whisper white with Pacific Point ink. Punch out with the small oval punch and adhere the the scallop oval. Adhere just below the knot in your ribbon.
I hope you love this card as much as I do! You could use just about any color combo!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com!
I hope you have a fab Friday!!
ETA: I found the magazine! Wahoo! I very rarely CASE or scraplift so it was very important to me that I find the magazine and give credit where it's due!
This card was inspired by a card in the new Papercrafts special Stamp It issue. The card is on page 86 and it's by Cristina Kowalczyk. Thank you Cristina for the inspiration! :)