Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Thoughts


I love the sentiment on this card! Especially when I watch our weather and it tells us about another winter storm moving in tonight! Right now my happy thought would be that next month the grass will start to turn green! ;)
This is a very simple card I made today with one of my favorite color combos and a hostess set called Apple Blossoms. I used it on a set of cards HERE.
My color combo today is Baja Breeze, Soft Suede(or Kraft), and Cherry Cobbler. If you were to ask me what my favorite color is right now it would be Baja Breeze. It's the most perfect shade of blue. I have to make myself not use it on every single card!

Supplies:
-Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler
-Stamps: Apple Blossoms
-Cardstock: Soft Suede or Kraft, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
-Decorative Lable Punch(Sentiment)
-Boho Blossoms Punch(Two Small Flowers)
-Crop-a-Dile (as a hole punch)

Directions:
1. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 8x5.5 inches. Score down the middle at 4 inches.
2. Cut a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock to 5 x 4 1/8 inches. Randomly stamp the large flower and small flower from the Apple Blossoms set with the Baja Breeze ink.
3. Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 5 1/8 x 3.75 inches. Adhere your Baja Breeze piece to the Cherry Cobbler piece.
4. Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 5.5 x 1.5 inches. Use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to Stamp the circle stamp onto the cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink.
5. Use your hole punch or Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the stamped image.
6. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 5.5 x 2 inches. Adhere the piece of Cherry Cobbler to the Kraft piece with foam adhesive squares to pop it up.
7. Stamp your sentiment onto Baja Breeze cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink. Punch out with the Decorative Label punch. Adhere this with foam adhesive squares.
8. Ink your large flower stamp with Chocolate Chip and stamp twice onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch the center of the flowers out with the medium flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. Adhere the flowers to the card as shown in the photo.

I hope you like today's card! Everyone had to cancel for tonight's Stamper's Night Out due to the weather. I'm sad! I always enjoy my classes, but I will see everyone on the 22nd! There are only 2 spots left for that class if you would like to come!If you want to reserve those spots you need to email me at aprilmassad@yahoo.com!
Don't forget Sale-a-Bration is still going on but only until the end of next month! Who doesn't love free stuff? ;)
Well I'm headed back to the craft room to plan March's Stamper's Night Out!
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment