Today I thought I would post a Father's Day card we made in my May Stamper's Night Out!
This fun stamp set is from the Stampin Up Summer Mini Catalog. It's called Best Dad Ever! Even though this card wouldn't work for my Dad, I LOVE the ties!
clear embossing powder. Clear embossing powder really makes your stamped images POP! It makes the color brighter and it gives a handmade card a little WOW!
If you have never heat embossed before you have to try it! It's so much fun! I have a How To HERE and below I'm sharing the directions to make this card!
- 4x5.5 inch card base
- 4x5.5 inch piece of Basic Gray cardstock
- 2x3.5 inch piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock
- .5x3.5 inch piece of More Mustard Cardstock
- 2.25x3.5 inch piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- .5x3.5 inch piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- Small Circle punched from More Mustard Cardstock
- Basic Gray Ink
- Markers in Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, and More Mustard
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Powder Tray (Optional but helpful to pour powder into and refill)
- Heat Gun
- Versamark Ink
- Best Dad Ever Stamp Set
- Corner Rounder (Optional)
Directions:Such a handsome Father's Day card! So many different color combos will work if you aren't into these! I was going for more of a retro look! ;)
1. Take your large piece of Whisper White cardstock. Temporarily adhere it to your work surface with temporary adhesive. Use your Stamp-a-ma-Jig to position your stamp to stamp the center of the carstock.
2. Take your markers and color the ties. Once all the ties are colors huff on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamp. Clean your stamp off.
3. Use your Stamp-a-ma-Jig again to postion the tie stamp right over the stamped ties. Ink your tie stamp with Versamark and stamp right over the ties again.
4. Pour your embossing powder over your stamped image over the embossing tray. Very lightly tap off excess powder and heat with the heat gun just until the embossing powder turns shiny. (Overheating will cause your powder to burn and yellow.)
5. Allow to cool and use your corner rounder to round the top two corners of the cardstock.
6. Take your strip of More Mustard and stamp the Best Dad Ever stamp onto the left side with Versamark ink. Use your clear powder to heat emboss the sentiment.
7. Dry Emboss your piece of Basic Gray cardstock and adhere to the front of your card.
8. Take your strip of Whisper White cardstock and stamp Happy Father's Day with Basic Gray ink. Adhere to Red Riding Hood Cardstock.
9. Take your circle of More Mustard and poke a hole in the center. Feed the brad through and attach to piece of Red Riding Hood cardstock.
10. Adhere your pieces to the card as shown in photo.
Well I hope you like today's card!
Don't forget to comment on yesterday's post for a chance to win a copy of the new CK Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks Flower Issue! It's a good one!
Enjoy your fab Friday!