Speaking of ships I promised yesterday I would share a card made using the brand new Open Sea stamp set and Nautical Expedition Paper from the Summer Mini Catalog!
This card is very quick to put together. Just make sure you don't stamp the compass upside down like I did! Hehe! ;) This card could be for Father's Day, graduation, birthday, or just about any manly occasion!
The sentiment is not a stamp. I typed it out and printed it onto Marina Mist cardstock. This was a card in my Stamper's Night Out Class and I wanted it to be an all occasion card. I used the Happy Father's Day stamp from the Best Dad Ever set and stamped the inside of the card. There are many sets that include Father's Day sentiments like All Holidays, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and there is even a set called Word Play that has a stamp that says "You Mean the World to Me."
To make this card you need:
- White Card 5.5x4
- Not Quite Navy Cardstock cut (or ripped) to 3.5x5.5
- Red Striped Piece from Nautical Expedition Paper cut/ripped to 2.5x3.75
- Marina Mist Cardstock cut/ripped to 2.75x3.5
- Whisper White Cardstock cut/ripped to 2.5x3.5
- Antique Brad
- Baker's Twine
- Open Sea Stamp Set
- Ink in Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
1. Stamp the ship stamp in Not Quite Navy in the lower right corner of the Not Quite Navy piece of cardstock. Adhere to the card.
2. Adhere your piece of red striped paper about an inch from the left side of the card.
3. Stamp the ledger stamp onto the Whisper White cardstock with Crumb Cake ink. Stamp the world stamp onto the left side with the Not Quite Navy ink. Stamp the anchor to the left of the world in Basic Gray. Stamp the compass stamp in Riding Hood Red at the bottom of the world.
4. Adhere the stamped piece onto the piece of Marina Mist cardstock. Use a paper piercer to punch a hole through both pieces and insert brad.
5. Tie the baker's twine around the paper and wrap around the brad. Trim ends.
6. Adhere about a quarter of an inch from the left side of the card.
Now wasn't that easy!?! Beautiful, but manly, cards are sometimes a challenge to come up with! Here is one that would be perfect for any aged boy OR woman!
If you have any questions about this card please email me at email@example.com! Also if you would like a Summer Mini Catalog mailed to you just send me an email with your mailing address!
-My next card post will be a baby card I made a while ago for a dear friend who is having a baby soon! I used the Animal Stories stamp set and was inspired by....a kitchen towel! Haha! I'll even post a pic of the kitchen towel!
Well folks have a fabulous Friday!