I did make time today to share a quick and easy birthday card!
I LOVE the pennant punch from Stampin Up and I also love the Life of the Party line from Basic Grey! They go perfectly together!
The Penant Punch is one of my faves! It can be (obviously) penants, trees, an ice cream cone, and as in this case a birthday hat! So cute!
This is one of the cards we made at our Stamper's Night Out on Tuesday! It is quick, simple, and fun!
- 4x5.5 inch white card base
- 3.5x5 inch piece of patterned paper (Life is a Party from Basic Grey), plus scraps for hat
- Penant Punch from Stampin Up
- Happy Birthday Stamp from Happiest Birthday Wishes Stampin Up Set
- Small Star Stamp from Penant Parade Stampin Up Set
- Real Red, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Green Markers
- Frame Ornate #4 Sizzix Die and Big Shot
- Whisper White cardstock
- .25x3.75 inch piece of Real Red cardstock punched with the scalloped border punch
1. Adhere the large piece of patterned paper to the front of your card.
2. Cut your piece of Whisper White cardstock with the frame die and Big Shot.
3. Use your markers to color the letters on the happy birthday stamp different colors. Once the letters are colored, huff on the stamp to remoisten the image and stamp onto your die cut frame. Stamp several stars around the sentiment and adhere to the front of your card. Trim the excess.
4. Adhere the red border punched strip of cardstock beneath the stamped sentiment.
5. Take your Penant Punch and punch both shapes out of patterned paper. Adhere together with foam adhesive squares and add to the front of the card.
6. Stamp another star and punch it out with the extra small circle punch. Adhere to the top of the hat.
Yep it's that simple! This card is great for when you are headed out the door to a birthday party! It takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Well I hope you like today's card! I hope you have a safe and fabulous Labor Day weekend!