Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pinterest Inspired Happy Birthday

I am obsessed. My eyes are blurry and my legs are cramping from sitting at my computer. I blame one Jocelyn Bartley! (My good friend that sent me to this site yesterday.)
This site is brilliant. It is filled with ideas from all over. It also lets you "pin" your ideas to your own board, categorize them, share them, or even tag people with them. It's great!
If you are already a member follow ME! Then I'll follow you! :)
Okay so anyway the card above is inspired by THIS card I found on Pinterest today. I was so inspired I actually got up and away from my computer and made this card. I love it. I wanted to use the postage stamp punch like the one in the original, but I don't have it. So...I used the Curly Label punch instead. I love how it turned out!
I have shared supplies and directions below!

Supplies:
- 5x7 White Card Base
- Beyond the Garden DSP
- Curly Label Punch
- Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die and Big Shot
- 1.25x5 inch piece of White Cardstock
- Melon Mambo Cardstock (for butterflies)
- Scallop Trim Border Punch
- Ink in Melon Mambo
- Sentiment Stamp
- Stamp-a-Ma-Jig

Instructions:
1. Punch 9 labels with the Curly Label punch from different patterned papers from the Beyond the Garden DSP. (Or from any scrap paper you have) Adhere to the card front as shown in the example above.
2. Cut your butterflies out of the Melon Mambo carstock with the Beautiful Wings embosslit die. Adhere to the card as shown using foam adhesive squares. (For the smaller butterflies I simply cut the square in half)
3. Punch along the top and bottom of your piece of white cardstock with the scallop border punch. Use your Stamp-a-ma-Jig to stamp the sentiment in Melon Mambo ink. Adhere to the card front using foam adhesive squares.

Talk about a simple card! It takes no time to make and it's so pretty! Any patterned paper would be great for this card! The pieces are so small that scraps will work great!
Well I hope you like my Pinterest inspired card! If you have any questions about this card simply email me at aprilmassad@yahoo.com or comment below!
To purchase any of the Stampin Up products used just contact your Stampin Up demonstrator or go HERE!
Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of Pinterest, but haven't ventured there yet! Your card is lovely and it's funny, I was working with the same DSP myself yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... pinterest follow bot

    ReplyDelete