Monday, July 18, 2011

Thanks So Much - Versamark Resist and Glossy Cardstock

Well happy Monday stampers!
Today I am sharing another card I made using glossy cardstock! You will LOVE today's technique! It is so easy and SO cool!
This card also shows off Stampin Up's new 2011-2012 colors...which I LOVE! They are bright, cheery, and look so good together!
The technique I used on this card is called Versamark Resist. I know many of you have used this technique for years, but many of you have never heard of it! I thought I would give it a little twist today!
To keep it short and sweet I'm only going to give you instructions for doing the glossy panels. For the sentiment I used the Thanks So Much stamp from the Sincere Salutations set. I heat embossed it using white embossing powder. Behind the sentiment I put a strip of Pool Party cardstock punched with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch. The flower on the end of the sentiment strip is punched with the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch.
If you have any questions about this card simply send me an email at aprilmassad@yahoo.com or comment below!
Supplies for Glossy Panels:
- Glossy Cardstock White
- Versamark Ink
- Sponges or Ink Applicators
- Circle Circus Stamp Set
- Ink in Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Wysteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade

Instructions:
1. Make sure the stamp set you choose to use is perfectly clean with no residue.
2. Cut your cardstock into 4 panels that fit your card size. (My card is 6.5x5 and my panels are 4.5x1.25 PLUS 2 millimeters)
3. Apply temporary adhesive to the backs of your panels and line them up on your stamping surface exactly as they will be on your card base. (My panels are about .25 of an inch apart)
4. Take your circle stamps and stamp with the Versamark as shown in the sample above.
5. Once you have stamped all of your circles allow the cardstock to dry or heat it with a heat gun until it's dry.
6. Take your sponge or ink applicator and apply your ink to the panels. (I ink in circulur motions) The more ink you apply the lighter the stamped areas will be. Just keep going over the panel with your ink until you get the desired affect.
7. Once all four panels are inked simply apply to your card base!
Yes it's as simple as that! I hope you enjoyed today's card!
Like I said if you have any questions please email me at aprilmassad@yahoo.com or comment below!
To purchase the Stampin Up products used in today's card you can contact your Stampin Up demonstrator or go HERE.
Enjoy the rest of your warm summer Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh la la!! I love it!!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I may have to case it for my Stack Class! Thanks for sharing. Came over from Sudsol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jeannie!
    Yeah Dale! It would be a perfect card for a Stack Class!
    Thanks for the comments!!!
    April :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique and your color choices. I'm following through SC. I'm #380. Come by for a visit! www.cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com
    Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete