Tuesday, May 24, 2011

1 Stamp Set...2 Cards

Hello all! :)
Next month Stampin Up will release the brand new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog! While I am SO excited to see what new products they come out with, I am a little sad to see certain stamp sets go! Especially the fun hostess sets! Get 'em while you can!
Silhouette Sentiments is one of my favorite hostess sets. It's a very simple set that has great sentiments. I used it on a card HERE and I have used it on two different wedding cards that I'm sharing today!
When I think of making a wedding card I always think of light and simple. I shared another simple wedding card HERE. Today's cards use the Silhouette Sentiments set to make a pretty scene.
For this first card I made a window in my card base using the Curly Label punch. I simply punched once, lined up the outer curves, and punched again. I then took a pencil and lightly traced the window onto the inside of my card base. I then stamped my scene within the penciled lines.
For the sentiment I used the "For the Newlyweds" stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. This stamp set is one of the best stamp sets I own. There are 24 sentiments in this set and every one of them fit in the Modern Label Punch.
I also used the Curly Label punch to punch the ends of the pink strips of cardstock on either side of my sentiment.
For the second card I simply stamp my scene onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock, cut it out, and rounded the edges.
For the sentiment I used the same stamp and used the Modern Label punch that I mentioned above!
In case you are wondering how I backed the Modern Label punch with the Wild Wasabi, I simply took a scrap piece and ran it through my Movers and Shapers Die for the Big Shot. The Punch Windows Set that go with this die are all slightly larger versions of punches. I LOVE this because I LOVE to layer! (In case you haven't noticed haha)
Another fun technique I used on both of these cards was to adhere my cardstock to my card base BEFORE I emboss. That way several of the layers are embossed along with the card base. Fun!
I hope you enjoyed these cards! I didn't post directions, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email at aprilmassad@yahoo.com. I would be happy to answer your questions!
Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment