I made this card a few weeks ago for a sweet friend that is expecting her first baby soon! Yellow, gray, and white is one of my favorite color combos so you can imagine how excited I was when I was in Target and spotted a kitchen towel in that same color combo!
Isn't it pretty!?! I was so inspired, had to make a baby card, and the rest is history. Haha!
Supplies Needed to Make this Card:
- White 4x5.5 Card
- 5.25x3.75 Piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- 5.75x1 Piece of Basic Gray Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- White Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Basic Gray Ink
- White Grosgrain Ribbon
- Corner Rounder
- Elephant from the Animal Stories Stamp Set
- New Baby from Fun and Fast Notes Stamp Set
1. Take your piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock and round the top corners with your corner rounder. Draw a light line with your pencil about 1.75 inches from the bottom to be your guide when stamping the elephants.
2. Using your Stamp-a-ma-Jig, stamp your elephant with Versamark ink and heat emboss with white powder. Allow to cool so you don't smear the image. Stamp and emboss two more elephants, leaving room for your gray elephant. Erase your pencil line.
3. Take your strip of Basic Gray cardstock and punch a border along the bottom. Adhere to the Daffodil Delight piece about half an inch from the bottom.
4. Using your Stamp-a-ma-Jig, stamp and emboss the New Baby sentiment onto your Basic Gray strip below where you left the space for the gray elephant.
5. Stamp your elephant onto Whisper White with your Basic Gray ink. Cut out and adhere in the space with a foam adhesive square.
6. Adhere to the front of your card.
7. Tie your ribbon onto another piece of longer ribbon, wrap around your card, and secure on the back with glue dots.
Fun and simple! You could use any of the sweet animals in this stamp set! Stampin Up also has another sweet animal set called Fox and Friends or another cute elephant stamp called Baby Steps.
Well I hope you liked today's card! Enjoy your Saturday!