Monday, January 17, 2011

I LOVE Color

Color is fun. Color is beautiful. Color is exciting!!! So why are people scared of it? ;)
I'll admit it can be intimidating sometimes to figure out that perfect color combination, but I have the perfect solution...Never fear! The Color Coach is here! Haha! I had to!
I love this thing! It has all the Stampin Up colors on one side and it has two different color combos on the other.
The color combos are awesome! I use this almost every time I make a card. I even used it today to make this fun card with the Love Defined stamp set.The colors I used for this card are Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, and Chocolate Chip! LOVE that color combo!
The directions and supplies for making this card are below.
Directions:
1. Take your Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, and Basic Gray markers and color the hearts on the tree stamp. (Coloring three hearts at a time gives the tree a more unified look) Once you have the hearts colored, color the tree trunk with your Chocolate Chip marker.
2. Remoisten the inked stamp by huffing or blowing your breath on the stamp. Stamp the tree onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out with a scalloped square. Mat the scalloped square with Baja Breeze cardstock.
3. Color your LOVE stamp with the same markers and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch the LOVE out with your small oval punch and adhere to a large scalloped oval punched from your Cajun Craze cardstock.
4. Adhere your tree, LOVE oval, and two hearts punched from Cajun Craze and Baja Breeze cardstock to your card.
5. Punch the edges of your Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, and Chocolate Chip cardstock with your decorative edge punch. Trim to fit your ribbon width.
6. Adhere your trimmed cardstock on top of each other, leaving a peek of the color at the bottom. Tie your ribbon across and you are done!


Supplies:
-Love Defined Stamp Set
-Stampin Right Markers in Basic Gray, Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip
-Small Oval Punch
-Scallop Oval Punch
-Small Hearts Punch


Well I hope you are having a marvelous Monday! Brodey is at school today learning about Martin Luther King, Jr. They were supposed to be out, but had to make up a snow day.
I hope you enjoyed today's card share! If you have any questions please send me an email at aprilmassad@yahoo.com! Remember you can shop for Stampin Up products 24/7 online HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment